Common Myths That Can Get Your Pet Killed
MY PET HAS A MICROCHIP. ISN'T THAT ENOUGH?
- A microchip is NOT enough. Only has owner's basic contact info, nothing else.
- If microchip is out of date, which happens all the time, or it doesn't work your pet is defenseless!!
- Only PetWill lets you name 3 people who can step up and save your pet's life in an emergency.
- Microchips need expensive scanners to be read. Usually only vets and shelters have these scanners.
- In an emergency you NEED a PetWill because anyone with a Smartphone, tablet or laptop can view all of your pet's info instantly without scanners or fancy equipment.
- PetWill is also easily linked to your pet's existing microchip so if your pet is not wearing their tag, their Microchip still is linked to their lifesaving PetWill information.
I ALREADY HAVE A PET ID TAG
- Nearly all Pet ID Tags just have the owner's info and nothing else. If you are unavailable your pet is defenseless!!
- PetWill tags are double sided. One side has the owner's telephone and two other people's telephone and the other side has the pet's new PetWill online profile link.
- No call centers to call and wait. Those helping can take immediate action and know what you know about your pet by visiting their online profile.
- PetWill tags are made of high quality stainless steel and can last for life.
MY FRIEND OR FAMILY WILL TAKE CARE OF MY PET
- The reality is people are busy with their own lives. Just because they think your pet is cute does not mean they will step up for a lifetime to care for them. Assuming "Someone" will care for your pets in an emergency may end up getting your pet abandoned, killed or sold!
- Even if people want to help, do they know EVERYTHING about your pet's needs, medicines and care instructions?
- With PetWill, anyone helping your pet will know ALL of your pet's needs, allergies, vet info, diet and care instructions.
- PetWill lets you name people as legal guardians so they can claim your pet if you are unavailable.
I ALREADY HAVE A WILL AND LEFT SOMETHING FOR MY PET
- It is against the law to leave money for your pet in a will. Doing so may invalidate that portion of your will and your pet will be left helpless.
- You need the PetWill Pet Trust Document. This way your pet is legally recognized as a loved family member and those you assign as their legal guardians can provide them with a lifetime of care.
- The PetWill Pet Trust Document may be the best way to plan for your pet's future should you be unavailable.
- PetWill's legal document is valid in all 50 states.